Pin this post for later here.
I've always loved St. Patrick's Day. Really--what's not to love? Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, I up and had my first son on St. Patrick's Day. Dream come true. For this last birthday, we invited all his little friends over for a St. Patrick's Day Leprechaun Hunt.
|My little leprechaun.|
Starting the Leprechaun HuntThe book explained the tradition of leprechauns and how if you can catch them, they'll give you their pot of gold. We spotted our first clue and were off to find that leprechaun!
Great For All Ages
Our house is small, so I purposely alternated clues that brought us from one side of the house to the other, so it felt like more of an adventure than it really was. The best part about the leprechaun hunt is it's great for all ages. The big kids understood the clues and the thrill of the hunt. And even the tiniest toddler got caught up in the excitement and had fun running around, chasing after the big kids.
|So into the hunt--searching for clues.|
You can make up your own clues like I did, but in case you'd rather copy and paste, these are the clues I came up with (pure poetry, I know).
2. (Under the kitchen table): "I dance little jigs--I'm Irish, not French. Come try to find me under the piano bench."
3. (Under the piano bench): "I have a pot of gold, but I'm hiding it--so naughty! See if you can catch me. I'm on top of the potty!"
4. (On the wall above the toilet): "Isn't trying to find me such a chore? I'm hiding--it's cold! Look in the fridge door."
5. (In the fridge): "Did I tell you my name? I'm Leprechaun Stevie. I'm tired of running, come look by the tv."
6. (Hidden by the tv, next to the pot of gold and/or treats): "You're such a good leprechaun hunter--so fast as so bold. I went home now--you missed me--but I left you my GOLD!"
|The kids were pretty jazzed about the individual treats.|
The Treats--Gold Under the Rainbow
I'm seriously not crafty at all, but even I was able to handle this one (thank you, Our Best Bites!). Place Rolos in cellophane treat bags (I bought these bags). Place rainbow of Twizzlers (if you're striking out at finding them at Target, you can always get this 6-pack from Amazon. You'll need more than one bag anyway to make sure you get enough of all of the colors).
Good luck with your Leprechaun Hunt! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll get back to you ASAP.